Wednesday, November 19, 2008

5 MORE DAYS UNTIL WE LEAVE

I can't believe that we are leaving on Monday. After watching all of the blogs, I understand how most people have said the whole process is like a roller coaster.

Monday we got a call from Ellianna. Oleg had talked to the kids about us coming to adopt them. Tania is ready for us to come and get her. Sasha is not so sure. Ellianna asked if I could talk to the people Sasha has been visiting in France for several years. She thought they were willing to help. The couple in France had a friend of theirs who speaks english call me and we had a fun conversation about why we would like to adopt the twins.

OnTuesday Ellianna called back and said apparently Sasha is fine with us adopting him but he is really dissapointed in not being able to go to France for Christmas. He would like to say goodbye to this couple. Our english speaking contact is now getting e-mails from both Ellianna and me. I wonder if she realized what she was getting herself into.

Ellianna and I have been trying to find out when Sasha would have been going to France. We really don't want to disappoint him but as I am sure most of you know, timing is everything.

Matthew did get us set up with webcams today so that if anything Sasha can talk to his friends through the web. Of course, it will be nice to have while we are in Ukraine also.

I hope we are as lucky as the Carr's and Evenson's and have internet where we are staying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We wish you the best on your trip. They are great children.

Eldie & David Howick