Monday, March 15, 2010

Sumy School

Just to let everyone know. This is the e-mail I receive from Marina regarding the school.

Hi, Julie. You probably know that this school shares the territory and the dormitory together with another boarding school for gifted children who didn't have there own building. And as the orphanage now has only 37 children and there are about 200 children in the other school, it was decided to move the orphanage to another town - Romny whch is in our region but the conditions seem to be worse there. So that's all the situation - the territory and the building were given to another organization. Children are going to stay in Sumy until the end of summer if nothing changes.

Sergei is already in Romny, because he had some problems - bad company- here. So to avoid them he was moved to another place.

All the other children are fine. I go to school at least once a weak, trying to teach Pasha and Lena. But it seems to be not a very good idea as for English. My lessons don't work as I'd like. The kids like me to come, to entertain them. They like attention, I sometimes bring delicious things to them. But they know they will learn the language quickly in the USA (I think you noticed that by your kds), so no additional efforts are applied. And that's quite usual with all the children, I think. And I just love coming and seeing them.

1 comment:

Andreas said...

Romny? That is where our daughter was adopted from, and where we will be going to do adoption #2 if all goes well. They keep that orphanage immaculately clean even if it is very dilapidated. Thanks Julie for keeping us updated.