Thursday, January 14, 2010

Shhhhhhhh, We are evil, evil, evil.

Why are we evil? For two reasons.

First, I made soup for dinner tonight. I had bought some dried soup last October while we were in Arkansas visiting my parents. It's really easy to make. You just add water to the dried ingredients along with some canned chicken and enchilada sauce. So I started the soup while Tania was at dance. She never new that I added chicken. When she sat down at the dinner table she asked what was in the soup. I just said "I don't know, it came in a package." So Tania continued eating and ate a whole bowl of soup. It's amazing. If I had told her that I added the chicken, there is absolutely no way she would have eaten the soup.

The second reason we are evil is because after dinner, Tania was talking about getting together with Dosha and Sveta tomorrow night. She said that Dosha and Sveta had to ask "the" Bill and Leslie if they could go. David then said "If "the" Bill and Leslie agree to let the come then we should do something else". I think Katelyn was going to really lose it when David said "the" Bill and Leslie. We are having a hard time teaching both kids the appropriate use of "the". Usually we do try to correct them, we just had to have a little fun tonight.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh, I don't think you're so evil. We now call Chuck a Rama "Chuck a Grandma" thanks to Alex. And as for the chicken? What's that saying, "What they don't know won't hurt them"?

Andreas said...

The Bill? LOL...that is so funny. Each of these kids have funny little things they say like that. No matter how hard we try, we can't get Yuliya to say the word 'pretzel'. She loves them, but her words, they are 'prentzels'. :)