Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Friends

Just another comment. It always amazes me the friendships you develop after being associated with people who have adopted or are think about adopting from Ukraine. There is just such an automatic bond with anyone who has been involved with this activity.

I talked with someone on the phone last night who will be leaving for Ukraine soon and the feelings that come out from that short phone call have been amazing. You hope that all will go well for them and you hope they will have an easy experience while they are in Ukraine and you are thrilled that they are going through this process. There is also a willingness to help with anything to make their trip easier.

I am always amazed and grateful that I have been able to meet such wonderful people since we have gone through this process. Everyone has been such a big help. Just having someone to talk things through when things are tough has been wonderful. It is always much better to talk to people who have gone through the experience because they understand more about what you are going through.

I know this is probably sappy but I know that many of you reading this feel the same way.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I hear you! It's similar to finding another LDS person when you're on vacation! Instant bond!
I LOVED the language post! The wheelchair story was the best!
Well, I've been blog stalking all morning and really need to walk away from this addiction I have.
Hope you have a great day!
Wendy

Andreas said...

So true! We're all in this together, and until you've been through it yourself, it's hard to understand everything that is involved emotionally, physically, spiritually, etc. Well said!